This might be better than Monster Cable
felix
2017-03-30 22:51:00 UTC
https://www.4cabling.com.au/304-8-m-detachable-fibre-optic-hdmi-cable.html
:)
Better for connecting devices that are a long distance apart.
yes. it was a bit of joke tho as ppl rubbish me about my praise of
monster cables.
Ought to be cheaper to stream video over a network to a computer
with the HDMI output at the screen, but simpler and easier to
use this I suppose. The shorter cables would be more economical
in that regard.
there are shorter lengths. but I wonder how long it will be before
optical cables become the norm? or maybe no cables in future, everything
connected by wifi. also, Samsung now has a tv that has a separate box
for connections to other equipment and just one optical cable from the
box to the panel.
--
"Multiculturanism equals white ethnocide"
http://thereligionofpeace.com
http://www.siotw.org
Rod Speed
2017-03-31 04:25:00 UTC
https://www.4cabling.com.au/304-8-m-detachable-fibre-optic-hdmi-cable.html
:)
Better for connecting devices that are a long distance apart.
yes. it was a bit of joke tho as ppl rubbish me about my praise of monster
cables.
Ought to be cheaper to stream video over a network to a computer
with the HDMI output at the screen, but simpler and easier to
use this I suppose. The shorter cables would be more economical
in that regard.
there are shorter lengths. but I wonder how long it will be before optical
cables become the norm?
Forever with those distances.
or maybe no cables in future, everything connected by wifi.
Unlikely.
Stupid way to do things.
felix
2017-03-31 04:30:48 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by felix
https://www.4cabling.com.au/304-8-m-detachable-fibre-optic-hdmi-cable.html
:)
Better for connecting devices that are a long distance apart.
yes. it was a bit of joke tho as ppl rubbish me about my praise of
monster cables.
Ought to be cheaper to stream video over a network to a computer
with the HDMI output at the screen, but simpler and easier to
use this I suppose. The shorter cables would be more economical
in that regard.
there are shorter lengths. but I wonder how long it will be before
optical cables become the norm?
Forever with those distances.
I suspect that AV equipment will eventually use optical interconnect cables
Post by Rod Speed
Post by felix
or maybe no cables in future, everything connected by wifi.
Unlikely.
surround sound systems have gone wifi
Post by Rod Speed
Post by felix
also, Samsung now has a tv that has a separate box for connections to
other equipment and just one optical cable from the box to the panel.
Stupid way to do things.
I think it's a good idea. especially if the tv is wall mounted
http://www.siotw.org
Rod Speed
2017-03-31 06:20:31 UTC
Post by felix
Post by Rod Speed
Post by felix
https://www.4cabling.com.au/304-8-m-detachable-fibre-optic-hdmi-cable.html
:)
Better for connecting devices that are a long distance apart.
yes. it was a bit of joke tho as ppl rubbish me about my praise of
monster cables.
Ought to be cheaper to stream video over a network to a computer
with the HDMI output at the screen, but simpler and easier to
use this I suppose. The shorter cables would be more economical
in that regard.
there are shorter lengths. but I wonder how long it will be before
optical cables become the norm?
Forever with those distances.
I suspect that AV equipment will eventually use optical interconnect cables
Bet it doesn’t.
Post by felix
Post by Rod Speed
Post by felix
or maybe no cables in future, everything connected by wifi.
Unlikely.
surround sound systems have gone wifi
Sure, but even you have noticed that that isnt EVERYTHING.

Gamers don’t use wifi, for a reason.
More fool you.
keithr0
They have been available for audio for a couple decades
felix
2017-03-31 11:08:18 UTC
Post by keithr0
Post by felix
https://www.4cabling.com.au/304-8-m-detachable-fibre-optic-hdmi-cable.html
:)
Better for connecting devices that are a long distance apart.
yes. it was a bit of joke tho as ppl rubbish me about my praise of
monster cables.
Ought to be cheaper to stream video over a network to a computer
with the HDMI output at the screen, but simpler and easier to
use this I suppose. The shorter cables would be more economical
in that regard.
there are shorter lengths. but I wonder how long it will be before
optical cables become the norm?
They have been available for audio for a couple decades
your talking about toslink no doubt, which is not what I'm talking
about. with a HDMI connection you don't need an optical audio
connection. I'm saying that eventually amps will connect via optical
cables for video and audio