what if Australia wins Eurovision?
b***@topmail.co.nz
2017-05-12 08:13:50 UTC
The cost of hosting the circus is something like 30 million Euros, which
the country does not recoup in tourism. Some conspiracy theorists even
suggest that UK does not want to win because of this, and keeps sending
crap performers (;

So Australia would have to find somewhere in Europe to substitute for the
Antipodes. I can't see that anybody will be begging SBS for the chance
to burn cash. How much would SBS have to pay them?
Jeßus
Let's hope it never happens...
b***@topmail.co.nz
2017-05-14 04:19:27 UTC
Post by Jeßus
Let's hope it never happens...
Might get banned, after the fuckhead streaker with the Aussie flag.
Jeßus
2017-05-14 04:30:20 UTC
Oh, did something vaguely entertaining happen?
Trevor
2017-05-14 10:04:08 UTC
Post by Jeßus
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
The cost of hosting the circus is something like 30 million Euros, which
the country does not recoup in tourism. Some conspiracy theorists even
suggest that UK does not want to win because of this, and keeps sending
crap performers (;
UK was no worse than most, and better than quite a few.
Post by Jeßus
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
So Australia would have to find somewhere in Europe to substitute for the
Antipodes. I can't see that anybody will be begging SBS for the chance
to burn cash. How much would SBS have to pay them?
Let's hope it never happens...
Looks like we are quite safe, we don't have the voting blocks many
European countries have. Witness the fact we were 4th after the judges
vote, and only got 2 points from ALL countries public vote (close to
last, only a few countries got no votes), and so dropped to 9th. Even if
we were first after the judges vote, we still wouldn't win outright.

Not that I even understand what we are doing in a European competition
in the first place. It's one thing to screen it here, quite another to
compete. What next, Germany in the Commonwealth games perhaps?

Trevor.
b***@topmail.co.nz
2017-05-14 10:12:08 UTC
Post by Trevor
Looks like we are quite safe, we don't have the voting blocks many
European countries have. Witness the fact we were 4th after the judges
vote, and only got 2 points from ALL countries public vote (close to
last, only a few countries got no votes), and so dropped to 9th. Even if
we were first after the judges vote, we still wouldn't win outright.
Isaiah's (and Anja's) songs were too similar to about half the songs entered.
Formulaic semi-power-ballads. Not surprising the frail guy on the small
stage with no computer graphics won.
Should have taken a risk with TISM.
Trevor
2017-05-14 12:50:55 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by Trevor
Looks like we are quite safe, we don't have the voting blocks many
European countries have. Witness the fact we were 4th after the judges
vote, and only got 2 points from ALL countries public vote (close to
last, only a few countries got no votes), and so dropped to 9th. Even if
we were first after the judges vote, we still wouldn't win outright.
Isaiah's (and Anja's) songs were too similar to about half the songs entered.
Formulaic semi-power-ballads. Not surprising the frail guy on the small
stage with no computer graphics won.
Should have taken a risk with TISM.
And we still wouldn't have won. Which is fine though, the whole point of
Eurovision is not just about who wins, and NOBODY wants us to!
Just like Idol, Voice etc. there are usually some good acts to watch who
don't win and sometimes crap that does. Eurovision just takes it one
step further when there are not only differing musical opinions, but
differing country alliances to take into account as well.

Trevor.

Government Shill #2
2017-05-13 00:01:28 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
The cost of hosting the circus is something like 30 million Euros, which
the country does not recoup in tourism. Some conspiracy theorists even
suggest that UK does not want to win because of this, and keeps sending
crap performers (;
So Australia would have to find somewhere in Europe to substitute for the
Antipodes. I can't see that anybody will be begging SBS for the chance
to burn cash. How much would SBS have to pay them?
I saw that kid who is "representing" Australia sing last night. Where the hell
did he come from anyway? Is he another Australia's Barely Got Talent runner-up?

I think it will be held in Europe next year.

Shill #2
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)