Why I support Gay Pride
felix
2017-02-04 05:07:42 UTC
Hey.

It is time our laws respected the rights of all law abiding individuals.

Those laws should reflect contemporary educated attitudes, not just for
marriage but to women and their role in society.

The Catholic Church has suggested to women they should, in effect, lower
their standards and marry the second or third-best male available.

Those pronouncements I found belittling to, and of, all women.

They were a throw-back to a view that the only purpose for which women
occupied a place on the planet was to bear children and run the household.

It has made me wonder where the church is heading.
--
This post is copyright Peter Wood, 2017
Islam is a religion of peace and love - Christians: stop the hate!
Trevor
2017-02-05 02:48:53 UTC
Post by felix
The Catholic Church has suggested to women they should, in effect, lower
their standards and marry the second or third-best male available.
Those pronouncements I found belittling to, and of, all women.
Why? Since there are approx equal number of men and women, many men also
marry the second or 3rd or perhaps 100th best female available. Only the
very richest men, and usually the most beautiful women get to marry the
"best available", in their opinion. That's the way the world already
works regardless of what any bible bashers may say or think.

There is always a choice not to marry if you don't want to settle for
what may actually be attracted to whatever level you are yourself.
Unfortunately many people don't do that and whinge about it later when
they find the divorce settlement not to their liking either!

Trevor.
felix
2017-02-05 03:58:27 UTC
Post by Trevor
Post by felix
The Catholic Church has suggested to women they should, in effect, lower
their standards and marry the second or third-best male available.
Those pronouncements I found belittling to, and of, all women.
Why? Since there are approx equal number of men and women, many men
also marry the second or 3rd or perhaps 100th best female available.
Only the very richest men, and usually the most beautiful women get to
marry the "best available", in their opinion. That's the way the world
already works regardless of what any bible bashers may say or think.
There is always a choice not to marry if you don't want to settle for
what may actually be attracted to whatever level you are yourself.
Unfortunately many people don't do that and whinge about it later when
they find the divorce settlement not to their liking either!
it's the fake felix posting trevor. but I agree with your comments
nevertheless
Post by Trevor
Trevor.
--
"Never argue with a fool. They will drag you
to their level and beat you with experience"