Oh the pain...the pain
hector
2017-05-09 07:32:00 UTC
Lost in Space (2018 TV series)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_in_Space_%282018_TV_series%29

Parker Posey as Dr. Smith, it should be Jim Parsons (nee Sheldon Cooper)
BDK
2017-05-09 14:12:39 UTC
Post by hector
Lost in Space (2018 TV series)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_in_Space_%282018_TV_series%29
Parker Posey as Dr. Smith, it should be Jim Parsons (nee Sheldon Cooper)
I agree, the best one I can think of to play the part.
--
BDK: Head Government Shill, Psychotronic World Dominator. Master of
Remote Viewing. Level 7 expert in kOOkStudies.
Black Helicopter color consultant.
hector
yay
hector
2017-05-09 16:46:40 UTC
Post by BDK
Post by hector
Lost in Space (2018 TV series)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_in_Space_%282018_TV_series%29
Parker Posey as Dr. Smith, it should be Jim Parsons (nee Sheldon Cooper)
I agree, the best one I can think of to play the part.
I dread the mess they will make of the show

"It’s a more modern take on the ‘60s version. If you look at it now,
it’s charming, but it seems so innocent. Whereas this is a version that
is for our time"

groan.... just not pretending it's edgy

I look at it now on the new bluray release and it's much more alive and
vivid than it ever was. They only released this on bluray, that is the
new remastering, not on dvd, in America, so they don't even bother
releasing this in Australia. You can still though get the dvd release
from 10 or more years ago. This while they are releasing more on dvd
only and not bluray at all in Australia.
BDK
2017-05-10 02:50:09 UTC
Post by hector
Post by BDK
Post by hector
Lost in Space (2018 TV series)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_in_Space_%282018_TV_series%29
Parker Posey as Dr. Smith, it should be Jim Parsons (nee Sheldon Cooper)
I agree, the best one I can think of to play the part.
I dread the mess they will make of the show
I will be amazed if it's not a total train wreck.
Post by hector
"It?s a more modern take on the ?60s version. If you look at it now,
it?s charming, but it seems so innocent. Whereas this is a version that
is for our time"
groan.... just not pretending it's edgy
I look at it now on the new bluray release and it's much more alive and
vivid than it ever was. They only released this on bluray, that is the
new remastering, not on dvd, in America, so they don't even bother
releasing this in Australia. You can still though get the dvd release
from 10 or more years ago. This while they are releasing more on dvd
only and not bluray at all in Australia.
It was on in HD here, and looked like it was made yesterday, like
Hogan's Heroes looked when I saw it 11 years ago when I had just bought
my first HD TV.
Clocky
2017-05-11 06:21:47 UTC
Post by hector
Post by BDK
Post by hector
Lost in Space (2018 TV series)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_in_Space_%282018_TV_series%29
Parker Posey as Dr. Smith, it should be Jim Parsons (nee Sheldon Cooper)
I agree, the best one I can think of to play the part.
I dread the mess they will make of the show
I can imagine. Just look at the new MacGyver (whilst acknowledging it
was never masterful)... it's pretty bad.
Post by hector
"It’s a more modern take on the ‘60s version. If you look at it now,
it’s charming, but it seems so innocent. Whereas this is a version that
is for our time"
groan.... just not pretending it's edgy
"for our time" is code for noisy crap that misses the point of the
original entirely.
Post by hector
I look at it now on the new bluray release and it's much more alive and
vivid than it ever was. They only released this on bluray, that is the
new remastering, not on dvd, in America, so they don't even bother
releasing this in Australia. You can still though get the dvd release
from 10 or more years ago. This while they are releasing more on dvd
only and not bluray at all in Australia.
How long did Lost in Space run for? I have a recollection of the
episodes going from B/W to colour, would that be correct?
FMurtz
2017-05-11 07:47:07 UTC
Post by Clocky
Post by hector
Post by BDK
Post by hector
Lost in Space (2018 TV series)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_in_Space_%282018_TV_series%29
Parker Posey as Dr. Smith, it should be Jim Parsons (nee Sheldon Cooper)
I agree, the best one I can think of to play the part.
I dread the mess they will make of the show
I can imagine. Just look at the new MacGyver (whilst acknowledging it
was never masterful)... it's pretty bad.
The old tricks usually had a vague relation to possible chemistry etc
even if a bit suss but this bloke is a mile off possibilities
Trevor
2017-05-11 10:31:11 UTC
Post by Clocky
Post by hector
Post by BDK
Post by hector
Lost in Space (2018 TV series)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_in_Space_%282018_TV_series%29
Parker Posey as Dr. Smith, it should be Jim Parsons (nee Sheldon Cooper)
I agree, the best one I can think of to play the part.
I dread the mess they will make of the show
I can imagine. Just look at the new MacGyver (whilst acknowledging it
was never masterful)... it's pretty bad.
Personally I don't think it's any worse. And I seriously doubt they
could make Lost in Space any worse than the original. Although the movie
came pretty close. :-(

Trevor.
hector
2017-05-12 03:08:23 UTC
Post by Clocky
Post by hector
Post by hector
I look at it now on the new bluray release and it's much more alive and
vivid than it ever was. They only released this on bluray, that is the
new remastering, not on dvd, in America, so they don't even bother
releasing this in Australia. You can still though get the dvd release
from 10 or more years ago. This while they are releasing more on dvd
only and not bluray at all in Australia.
How long did Lost in Space run for? I have a recollection of the
episodes going from B/W to colour, would that be correct?
3 seasons, 65-66 in B/W, 66-67 in colour, 67-68 in colour and a
different theme. They couldn't get enough of countdowns in those days.
Thought I wouldn't want to watch it again, but the blurays are very
good. Bargain price at amazon.com these days though fluctuates, cheaper
than anywhere else. And region free even though it has the A on the
back. Issues with packaging though, tight cardboard.
Clocky
2017-05-12 08:31:02 UTC
Post by hector
Post by Clocky
Post by hector
Post by hector
I look at it now on the new bluray release and it's much more alive and
vivid than it ever was. They only released this on bluray, that is the
new remastering, not on dvd, in America, so they don't even bother
releasing this in Australia. You can still though get the dvd release
from 10 or more years ago. This while they are releasing more on dvd
only and not bluray at all in Australia.
How long did Lost in Space run for? I have a recollection of the
episodes going from B/W to colour, would that be correct?
3 seasons, 65-66 in B/W, 66-67 in colour, 67-68 in colour and a
different theme.
Ah yes, I do remember there was a theme change as well. I used to enjoy
the show, but then I was a kid. My kids might like it though, they are
into anything to do with space.

Thanks for the heads-up.
hector
2017-05-12 23:15:47 UTC
Post by Clocky
Post by hector
Post by Clocky
Post by hector
Post by hector
Thought I wouldn't want to watch it again, but the blurays are very
good. Bargain price at amazon.com these days though fluctuates, cheaper
than anywhere else. And region free even though it has the A on the
back. Issues with packaging though, tight cardboard.
Thanks for the heads-up.
Nostalgia for when we were looking forward to going into space, and we
really believed there was scientific progress.
Clocky
There still is I think, but as you age it's hard not to become cynical.
hector
2017-05-15 05:17:59 UTC
Post by Clocky
Post by hector
Post by Clocky
Post by hector
Post by Clocky
Post by hector
Post by hector
Thought I wouldn't want to watch it again, but the blurays are very
good. Bargain price at amazon.com these days though fluctuates, cheaper
than anywhere else. And region free even though it has the A on the
back. Issues with packaging though, tight cardboard.
Thanks for the heads-up.
Nostalgia for when we were looking forward to going into space, and we
really believed there was scientific progress.
There still is I think, but as you age it's hard not to become cynical.
No, going into space is more a pipe dream now than it was in 1966.
Science only applies to mobile phones now. Better to keep it all hidden
from us they reckon.