ABC nightly end of transmission footage
rb
2017-02-12 10:51:13 UTC
OK many years ago TV stations would cease transmission of normal service
at midnight (or maybe even earlier?) and resume again sometime like 7am
or thereabouts.

ABC TV would prelude the nightly shutdown with one of a set of stock
'video' clips lasting I'm guessing some minutes.
One of these was of an aerobatic routine performed by a RAAF team flying
what I remember to be Mirages, however the Roulettes which is the
aerobatic arm of the RAAF never flew these so must have been Macchi 336's?
I've already approached the ABC about this and they were useless.
So throwing it out to a wider audience.

Does anyone remember such a clip?
This would have been back in the late 1970s.
If you can reference the footage would be ideal.
Otherwise what were the aircraft, squadron (Roulettes?).... etc
cheers
bfr
--
Nothing is exactly as it seems.
Nor is it otherwise.
Government Shill #2
2017-02-12 20:15:40 UTC
Post by rb
[...]
This one from 1985 has an RAAF P-3 Orion towards the end.

There are a bunch of them here:

But nearly all of them are from the 80s.

In the 70s and 80s the RAAF aerobatic team, the Roulettes, flew the Aermacchi MB
326H. The team were, and are, a part of the Central Flying School (CFS), based
at East Sale, Vic.

Mirages did sometimes put on displays, but they would nearly always be single
aircraft shows.

Shill #2
--
Them™
Pay Section
Antipodean Division
rb
2017-02-15 09:45:45 UTC
Post by Government Shill #2
In the 70s and 80s the RAAF aerobatic team, the Roulettes, flew the Aermacchi MB
326H. The team were, and are, a part of the Central Flying School (CFS), based
at East Sale, Vic.
Mirages did sometimes put on displays, but they would nearly always be single
aircraft shows.
Shill #2
--
Them™
Pay Section
Disinformation Directorate
Ministry of Information
Antipodean Division
RAAF Mirage aerobatics team were called the Deltas.
http://aerobaticteams.net/en/teams/i118/RAAF-Deltas.html

still no joy with the footage:(
F Murtz
2017-02-15 12:47:59 UTC
Post by rb
Post by Government Shill #2
In the 70s and 80s the RAAF aerobatic team, the Roulettes, flew the Aermacchi MB
326H. The team were, and are, a part of the Central Flying School (CFS), based
at East Sale, Vic.
Mirages did sometimes put on displays, but they would nearly always be single
aircraft shows.
Shill #2
--
Them™
Pay Section
Disinformation Directorate
Ministry of Information
Antipodean Division
RAAF Mirage aerobatics team were called the Deltas.
http://aerobaticteams.net/en/teams/i118/RAAF-Deltas.html
still no joy with the footage:(
Will this do instead?