GRAND TOUR coming to channel 7
b***@topmail.co.nz
2017-10-01 01:49:59 UTC
Only 11 months after debut on Amazon Prime streaming.
I wonder how much Amazon wanted for stale produce, when most who wanted
to could have got it on torrent. And paying customers could have seen
it, as Amazon ceased geoblocking.
Computer Nerd Kev
2017-10-01 02:08:24 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Only 11 months after debut on Amazon Prime streaming.
I wonder how much Amazon wanted for stale produce, when most who wanted
to could have got it on torrent. And paying customers could have seen
it, as Amazon ceased geoblocking.
I was waiting for the DVD, but perhaps there isn't going to be one.
--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#
keithr0
2017-10-05 12:28:39 UTC
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Only 11 months after debut on Amazon Prime streaming.
I wonder how much Amazon wanted for stale produce, when most who wanted
to could have got it on torrent. And paying customers could have seen
it, as Amazon ceased geoblocking.
I was waiting for the DVD, but perhaps there isn't going to be one.
Saw it on Amazon Prime, really just Top Gear Mk2 with some items that
really bombed.

Amazon probably want it on FTA to get publicity for the second series
that is due soon on Prime.
Computer Nerd Kev
2017-10-05 22:20:37 UTC
Post by keithr0
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Only 11 months after debut on Amazon Prime streaming.
I wonder how much Amazon wanted for stale produce, when most who wanted
to could have got it on torrent. And paying customers could have seen
it, as Amazon ceased geoblocking.
I was waiting for the DVD, but perhaps there isn't going to be one.
Saw it on Amazon Prime, really just Top Gear Mk2 with some items that
really bombed.
I liked Top Gear, so I'd be interested in seeing it. I refuse to pay for
a streaming service that won't let me keep a copy of what I buy - I can
just imagine how annoyed I'd be if I went to watch it in a few years time
and found that they'd changed something that meant I couldn't.

I'm not sure whether I'm willing to put up with the ads on 7. I've
become much less tollerant even of fast-forwarding through ads lately
for some reason.
Post by keithr0
Amazon probably want it on FTA to get publicity for the second series
that is due soon on Prime.
Sounds likely.
--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#
Trevor
2017-10-06 07:37:59 UTC
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Only 11 months after debut on Amazon Prime streaming.
Game of Thrones is up to what series 7? Still no sign of it on FTA, so
11 months would be considered very speedy these days.
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
I wonder how much Amazon wanted for stale produce, when most who wanted
to could have got it on torrent. And paying customers could have seen
it, as Amazon ceased geoblocking.
I don't think channels pay much any more, and if they are asked to,
simply don't. eg Game of Thrones. The money is now made on cable,
streaming services, and then DVD, with FTA mainly showing reruns.
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
I was waiting for the DVD, but perhaps there isn't going to be one.
Who'd want that crap on DVD?

Trevor.
Computer Nerd Kev
2017-10-06 23:41:40 UTC
Post by Trevor
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
I was waiting for the DVD, but perhaps there isn't going to be one.
Who'd want that crap on DVD?
I'm sure there'd be money in it. As for what's "crap", I've had no
interest in watching Game of Thrones. Tastes vary, though I won't
know for sure whether The Grand Tour is to my taste either until
I get to see it.
--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#
Clocky
2017-10-07 05:34:05 UTC
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by Trevor
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
I was waiting for the DVD, but perhaps there isn't going to be one.
Who'd want that crap on DVD?
I'm sure there'd be money in it. As for what's "crap", I've had no
interest in watching Game of Thrones. Tastes vary, though I won't
know for sure whether The Grand Tour is to my taste either until
I get to see it.
I've watched a few episodes online and if you liked Top Gear you should
like TGT.

It does come across a bit more contrived though, but that may improve in
the second series.
Trevor
2017-10-07 06:53:23 UTC
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by Trevor
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
I was waiting for the DVD, but perhaps there isn't going to be one.
Who'd want that crap on DVD?
I'm sure there'd be money in it.
Probably, but enough to bother? Once you've seen it, do you really want
to ever watch it again? Can't see the point in having a DVD unless I do.
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
As for what's "crap", I've had no
interest in watching Game of Thrones. Tastes vary,
No argument there.
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
though I won't know for sure whether The Grand Tour is to my taste either until
I get to see it.
True, but by reports it's worse than Top Gear, and I wouldn't have
thought that possible. I'm amazed that anything with Clarkson and May
could last so many seasons. Still, "Dumb and Dumber" appealed to those
people too I guess.

Trevor.
Computer Nerd Kev
2017-10-08 03:01:36 UTC
Post by Trevor
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by Trevor
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
I was waiting for the DVD, but perhaps there isn't going to be one.
Who'd want that crap on DVD?
I'm sure there'd be money in it.
Probably, but enough to bother? Once you've seen it, do you really want
to ever watch it again? Can't see the point in having a DVD unless I do.
Easier than fast-forwarding though the ads, and trying to get it through
Amazon in a form that I approve of (not to mention a size that won't
break my download quota and take weeks to download on mobile broadband).

Top Gear DVDs are still being sold, so I don't know why The Grand Tour
can't be too.
--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#
FMurtz
2017-10-07 08:30:26 UTC
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by Trevor
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
I was waiting for the DVD, but perhaps there isn't going to be one.
Who'd want that crap on DVD?
I'm sure there'd be money in it. As for what's "crap", I've had no
interest in watching Game of Thrones. Tastes vary, though I won't
know for sure whether The Grand Tour is to my taste either until
I get to see it.
If you have seen top gear you have seen it.