Holden running LGBTI adverts on SBS
Anonymous
2017-03-05 13:50:00 UTC
no wonder they losing money
Max
2017-04-02 09:41:16 UTC
Post by Anonymous
no wonder they losing money
I thought the Holden brand would be finishing up soon.
Trevor
2017-04-03 04:35:45 UTC
Post by Max
I thought the Holden brand would be finishing up soon.
Why do you think that? They will still be re-badging cars made in
Europe, Asia, and America as "Holdens" for some time yet, just as they
have for years, even if they aren't making a few here any more.

Trevor.
Clocky
2017-04-03 07:19:59 UTC
Post by Max
Post by Anonymous
no wonder they losing money
I thought the Holden brand would be finishing up soon.
The brand isn't finishing, local production is.

They'll still slap the Holden badge on cars made overseas just as they
always have.
Clocky
2017-04-03 07:22:52 UTC
Post by Clocky
Post by Max
Post by Anonymous
no wonder they losing money
I thought the Holden brand would be finishing up soon.
The brand isn't finishing, local production is.
They'll still slap the Holden badge on cars made overseas just as they
always have.
I just know someone will point out that they haven't always done that...
and of course they haven't - but they have done it for many years.
Xeno
2017-04-03 07:33:31 UTC
Post by Clocky
Post by Clocky
Post by Max
Post by Anonymous
no wonder they losing money
I thought the Holden brand would be finishing up soon.
The brand isn't finishing, local production is.
They'll still slap the Holden badge on cars made overseas just as they
always have.
I just know someone will point out that they haven't always done that...
and of course they haven't - but they have done it for many years.
They've done it since 1968 with the HB Torana. That was the year I
started my apprenticeship. That's near enough to 5 decades! You're
covered! ;-)
Xeno
Clocky
Hah, well just making sure - you know how it is ;-)
Xeno
2017-04-03 08:13:20 UTC
Post by Clocky
Post by Xeno
Post by Clocky
Post by Clocky
Post by Max
Post by Anonymous
no wonder they losing money
I thought the Holden brand would be finishing up soon.
The brand isn't finishing, local production is.
They'll still slap the Holden badge on cars made overseas just as they
always have.
I just know someone will point out that they haven't always done that...
and of course they haven't - but they have done it for many years.
They've done it since 1968 with the HB Torana. That was the year I
started my apprenticeship. That's near enough to 5 decades! You're
covered! ;-)
Hah, well just making sure - you know how it is ;-)
Indeed! After all, this is aus.cars. You can see how a comment on ocean
currents gets twisted by the K00K Wranglers here.

Anyway, *Holden* has really only ever been a *badge* in Australia. It's
has always been a subsidiary of GM and will continue to be so. It just
won't have any further involvement in vehicle manufacture in Australia.
It's all academic anyway since every other vehicle manufacturer in this
country has either long gone or very close to gone.
Xeno
keithr0
2017-04-03 09:53:31 UTC
Post by Clocky
Post by Clocky
Post by Max
Post by Anonymous
no wonder they losing money
I thought the Holden brand would be finishing up soon.
The brand isn't finishing, local production is.
They'll still slap the Holden badge on cars made overseas just as they
always have.
I just know someone will point out that they haven't always done that...
and of course they haven't - but they have done it for many years.
I once had a 1928 Chevvy with a Holden coach-builders plaque on it.