Lateline axed
Add Reply
Max
2017-10-05 02:08:38 UTC
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/tv-ratings/abc-axes-lateline-the-link-in-overhaul/news-story/daee65f0ba17f140e259784782a40340

Lateline has been axed. Thank God. So sick of it.
Trevor
2017-10-05 05:50:52 UTC
Post by Max
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/tv-ratings/abc-axes-lateline-the-link-in-overhaul/news-story/daee65f0ba17f140e259784782a40340
Lateline has been axed.  Thank God.  So sick of it.
So you haven't figured out how to change channels then?
There are certainly worse programs on TV, even on the ABC.
The real question will be whether any replacement program is better or
worse.

Trevor.
Max
2017-10-05 05:59:55 UTC
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/tv-ratings/abc-axes-lateline-the-link-in-overhaul/news-story/daee65f0ba17f140e259784782a40340
Lateline has been axed.  Thank God.  So sick of it.
So you haven't figured out how to change channels then?
There are certainly worse programs on TV, even on the ABC.
The real question will be whether any replacement program is better or
worse.
I think it was Emma Alberici that was the problem. Very irritating and
acting like someone older than her age.

There will not be a replacement as such. There will be further random
ABC shows.
Computer Nerd Kev
2017-10-05 22:10:08 UTC
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/tv-ratings/abc-axes-lateline-the-link-in-overhaul/news-story/daee65f0ba17f140e259784782a40340
Lateline has been axed.? Thank God.? So sick of it.
So you haven't figured out how to change channels then?
There are certainly worse programs on TV, even on the ABC.
The real question will be whether any replacement program is better or
worse.
I think it was Emma Alberici
How about that, there really isn't a "h" in that name. :)
Post by Max
that was the problem. Very irritating and
acting like someone older than her age.
There will not be a replacement as such. There will be further random
ABC shows.
SBS reckoned the extra money was to go into investigative journalism.
Possibly that means more shows, but they won't be random.

I guess it's OK by me. I rarely watched Lateline, but often watch
the investigative journalism if it's about something meaningful.
--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#
hector
2017-10-06 12:31:25 UTC
Post by Max
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/tv-ratings/abc-axes-lateline-the-link-in-overhaul/news-story/daee65f0ba17f140e259784782a40340
Lateline has been axed. Thank God. So sick of it.
Leftism needs to reassess itself. Identity politics and 'racism' at
everything gets old.
Trevor
2017-10-07 06:45:09 UTC
Leftism needs to reassess itself.  Identity politics and 'racism' at
everything gets old.
So does rampant fascism and greed. It obviously suits a few lucky ones I
guess. Not nearly as many as who vote for it though! :-(

Trevor.
Max
2017-10-07 07:22:33 UTC
Post by Trevor
Leftism needs to reassess itself.  Identity politics and 'racism' at
everything gets old.
So does rampant fascism and greed. It obviously suits a few lucky ones I
guess. Not nearly as many as who vote for it though! :-(
It's better to have economically competent people running the country
rather than union hacks.
Trevor
2017-10-07 08:52:41 UTC
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Leftism needs to reassess itself.  Identity politics and 'racism' at
everything gets old.
So does rampant fascism and greed. It obviously suits a few lucky ones
I guess. Not nearly as many as who vote for it though! :-( >
It's better to have economically competent people running the country
Agreed. I wonder IF we will ever get any economically competent people
in parliament though. I won't hold my breath!
Post by Max
rather than union hacks.
Or those on the take of big businesses who rape the country and pay no
tax. :-(

Trevor.