Pasnasonic DVD/PVR
Peter Jason
2017-05-29 00:35:31 UTC
I want to play movies from a USB stick. What is the movie file-format
required to make this work? I've lost the manual.
Government Shill #2
2017-05-29 00:48:48 UTC
Post by Peter Jason
I want to play movies from a USB stick. What is the movie file-format
required to make this work? I've lost the manual.
Googled "panasonic pvr", got this:

http://www.panasonic.com/content/dam/pim/au/en/DM/DMR-PW/DMR-PWT560GN/Operational%20Instructions%20DMR-PWT560GN.pdf

HTH

Shill #2
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge...others just gargle.
Peter Jason
2017-05-29 01:54:39 UTC
On Mon, 29 May 2017 10:48:48 +1000, Government Shill #2
Post by Government Shill #2
Post by Peter Jason
I want to play movies from a USB stick. What is the movie file-format
required to make this work? I've lost the manual.
http://www.panasonic.com/content/dam/pim/au/en/DM/DMR-PW/DMR-PWT560GN/Operational%20Instructions%20DMR-PWT560GN.pdf
HTH
Shill #2
Thanks, I couldn't find it on google. I'm trying the MPEG2/pal format
now and I'll test it tonite.
Peter Jason
2017-05-30 02:23:27 UTC
Post by Government Shill #2
Post by Peter Jason
I want to play movies from a USB stick. What is the movie file-format
required to make this work? I've lost the manual.
http://www.panasonic.com/content/dam/pim/au/en/DM/DMR-PW/DMR-PWT560GN/Operational%20Instructions%20DMR-PWT560GN.pdf
HTH
Shill #2
Anyway I found MPG works OK, though I have to use a "video converter"
to convert from AVI etc.
Max
2017-05-29 09:06:39 UTC
Post by Peter Jason
I want to play movies from a USB stick. What is the movie file-format
required to make this work? I've lost the manual.
That means you must be watching pirated movies. Are you aware of the
legal implications?
Rod Speed
2017-05-29 10:09:35 UTC
Post by Max
Post by Peter Jason
I want to play movies from a USB stick. What is the movie
file-format required to make this work? I've lost the manual.
That means you must be watching pirated movies.
Even sillier than you usually manage.
There are none.
Max
2017-05-30 08:28:36 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Max
Are you aware of the legal implications?
There are none.
Downloading pirated movies could land you in deep legal trouble nowadays.

Copyright holders hire tech companies to monitor torrents and collect IP
addresses of torrent participants. If you download illegal torrents it
is only a matter of time for you to be caught.

You will up for about $5-$10K settlement offer. If you reject this then
you could face a far higher claim against you, plus legal costs.
FMurtz
Crap, you maybe.
Max
Why would the law apply to me only?
FMurtz
Because you are the only one silly enough to let it.
Rod Speed
2017-05-30 21:37:30 UTC
Post by Max
Post by FMurtz
Post by Max
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Max
Are you aware of the legal implications?
There are none.
Downloading pirated movies could land you in deep legal trouble nowadays.
Copyright holders hire tech companies to monitor torrents and collect IP
addresses of torrent participants. If you download illegal torrents it
is only a matter of time for you to be caught.
You will up for about $5-$10K settlement offer. If you reject this then
you could face a far higher claim against you, plus legal costs.
Crap, you maybe.
Why would the law apply to me only?
There is no such law.

You are very likely to actually be stupid enough to be bluffed into paying.
Rod Speed
2017-05-30 21:35:11 UTC
Post by Max
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Max
Are you aware of the legal implications?
There are none.
Downloading pirated movies could land
you in deep legal trouble nowadays.
Not in this country.
Post by Max
Copyright holders hire tech companies to monitor
torrents and collect IP addresses of torrent participants.
But there is no way to turn an IP address into evidence
that it was you doing the downloading, so they are fucked.
Post by Max
If you download illegal torrents it is only
a matter of time for you to be caught.
Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage.