In Victoria, we can lead the way to a clean energy future powered by sustainable, green energy.
felix
2017-02-17 08:09:06 UTC
The Liberal government has blocked renewables in Victoria at every turn
and even tried to get fossil fuels included in the RET. Their 2km veto
laws make it easier to build a coal-fired power station, or drill as gas
well, than a wind farm. They have slashed the solar feed-in tariff and
axed a range of energy reduction programs, including the Victorian
Energy Efficiency Target (VEET) scheme.

Labor has criticised the government’s performance, but they haven’t come
up with a plan to boost renewables in Victoria.
Related Content
Action on global warming
The Greens are the only party with the courage to tackle catastrophic
global warming & transition Australia away from coal towards a clean
energy economy.
Clean city at sunset
New economy
The Greens are committed to renewing our economy from the declining
industries of the past to one providing jobs and opportunity.
Energy
The Greens (WA) are committed to an energy future that produces and
utilises energy in the most efficient and environmentally sustainable way
Quick Facts

The Commonwealth Renewable Energy Target is under threat, but we can end
the uncertainty by re-instating the Victorian Renewable Energy Target.
--
This post is copyright Peter Wood, 2017
Moselm is a religion of peace and love - Christians: stop the White hate!
Max
Why do you care about what happens to the earth after you die?
Brad
I can answer that - because I want a good place for my children and grandchildren to live in.
Max
2017-02-17 22:15:17 UTC
Your grandchildren will be dead before global warming has any effect.
Trevor
2017-02-18 07:53:21 UTC
Post by Brad
Post by Max
Why do you care about what happens to the earth after you die?
I can answer that - because I want a good place for my children and
grandchildren to live in.
Since the single biggest problem facing the world today, and the number
one cause of global warming, is excessive population, you are obviously
part of the cause then, so don't complain about the outcome.

Trevor.
alvey
2017-02-17 22:52:21 UTC
On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 20:09:06 +1200, felix wrote:

Would you please explain wtf this has to do with tv?

alvey
rb
2017-02-24 11:44:31 UTC
grasshopper you have much to learn...
hector
2017-02-27 16:30:47 UTC
Post by felix
[...]
I think some left groups would like the occasional power shut down.
Every time the weather is bad, someone says climate change.
People are nutty.
It's too early to abandon coal power stations, which now can be done
cleaner too, but politically unsupported by the left.
I wish the left would disappear to social justice land and only talk to
each other.
Ördög
2017-02-27 20:58:36 UTC
Post by hector
Post by felix
[...]
Disappear your opponents???
Yea! Great idea! You'd do that in the name of right retarded fascism, eh?
Long live Führer Trump, Abbott and Hanson!

You LNP/ON Neanderthals are hell bent on destroying a decent and caring
society and the planet itself!
Tell me idiot... do you have any children and grand children?
How can you justify the disaster you leave for them to sort out when you
finally drop dead? I hope you do realise you are trashing their future!
--
Ördög

"Ut sementem feceris, ita metes"(Cicero)
de chucka
2017-02-27 21:08:35 UTC
Post by Ördög
Post by hector
Post by felix
[...]
They are basically selfish,if they have 'theirs' they don't give a shit
about others. What is hilarious is they want immigrants to assimilate
but don't give a stuff about a basic premise of aussie society of
helping your mates and giving everybody a fair go. Maybe this has been
reduced to a thing in the country and people in the cities don't give a
stuff
Sylvia Else
2017-02-28 02:36:28 UTC
Post by felix
The Greens (WA) are committed to an energy future that produces and
utilises energy in the most efficient and environmentally sustainable way
This is standard political speak, but what does it mean?

The requirements for "most efficient" and "environmentally sustainable"
are unlikely to be mutually compatible, so one will have to be
subordinate to the other. Indeed, that would typically mean that which
ever requirement takes precedence entirely dictates the technology used,
and the other requirement just comes along for the ride, to the extent
that it can.

Most likely, there will be some sort of compromise.

Sylvia.