catchup
F Murtz
2017-02-16 04:56:50 UTC
tv techs at tv stations should be made to watch tv catch up at home in
real time with adsl wifi.It does not work, it is probably problems
associated with their obsession with adds,it keeps hanging up which
requires me starting from the beginning over and over,can not even fast
forward to where you left off, although ch9 sort of has that fixed,but I
have to use specific browsers if I want full screen.
Chanel 10 is no good at it and I now find the only way, is to cheat and
download torrents, but they then lose the add advantage, it would be in
their interest to make the system work.
I hope it improves if speed is part of the problem when they get this
FTTN working.
Brad
Why is this the fault of TV techs when it is clearly a broadband issue at your address? Fortunately you will soon be deluged with NBN brochures from every ISP out there. I am, and I'm only about 2km from you.
F Murtz
2017-02-16 10:37:47 UTC
Post by Brad
Post by F Murtz
[...]
They are all too late, I signed up the day it started (30 jan)before any
one was told, I have had the provider supplied modem for a while and
just waiting for them to get their rear end in gear, the other suppliers
letters started arriving miles too late, after I got the modem

I do not think it is purely a broadband issue when Iview and ch 9 sort
of work work others don't
b***@topmail.co.nz
2017-02-18 13:30:56 UTC
Post by F Murtz
I do not think it is purely a broadband issue when Iview and ch 9 sort
of work work others don't
SBS on demand is the only one that shows the bitrate (1.5 Mbps).
I do not know what 10play uses, but I doubt is is much more than that.
F Murtz
2017-02-18 17:36:16 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by F Murtz
I do not think it is purely a broadband issue when Iview and ch 9 sort
of work work others don't
SBS on demand is the only one that shows the bitrate (1.5 Mbps).
I do not know what 10play uses, but I doubt is is much more than that.
I think the problem is linked with their determination to show
adds.iview has next to no adds and keeps running right through, channel
10 hangs up on add interruption and if you try start again and fast
forward it starts the same adds and hangs up again, if you try to fast
forward at any time that starts more adds and more hangups.