Channel 10
Max
2017-06-18 01:36:16 UTC
Is Channel 10 likely to collapse and end transmission? What is likely
to happen?
Government Shill #2
2017-06-18 02:29:25 UTC
Post by Max
Is Channel 10 likely to collapse and end transmission? What is likely
to happen?
They'll cancel the shows that are costing them heaps of money, and put on lots
of reruns, which cost them bugger all.

Shill #2
--
There's nothing an agnostic can't do if he doesn't know whether he believes
in anything or not.
Monty Python
Max
So what show are going to go? The Project, Studio 10, Masterchef ?
Trevor
2017-06-19 04:58:57 UTC
Post by Max
Post by Government Shill #2
Post by Max
Is Channel 10 likely to collapse and end transmission? What is likely
to happen?
They'll cancel the shows that are costing them heaps of money, and put on lots
of reruns, which cost them bugger all.
So what show are going to go? The Project, Studio 10, Masterchef ?
You really think those shows are costing them "heaps of money"? :-)
After all their government subsidies they must be truly crap at running
a network if they are still losing money! Still it was a totally
predictable outcome of spending $60Billion dollars in taxpayer money
just so people could watch their TV from the internet instead of on
broadcast where it belongs. The problems all started with Foxtel
siphoning off much of the new and most watched programs of course.
(there's irony, owners of TEN include Foxtel owners, so NO sympathy
whatsoever) Still cheaper to borrow Game of Thrones etc. on DVD than
paying for Foxtel however IMO!

Trevor.
b***@topmail.co.nz
2017-06-20 10:59:05 UTC
Post by Trevor
You really think those shows are costing them "heaps of money"? :-)
Allegedly, to get a hit show like NCIS, they have to take a package deal
with loads of filler that the septics can't sell otherwise.

BTW community TV (channel 31/44) seems dooomed as well.
Trevor
2017-06-20 12:51:26 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by Trevor
You really think those shows are costing them "heaps of money"? :-)
Allegedly, to get a hit show like NCIS, they have to take a package deal
with loads of filler that the septics can't sell otherwise.
Yeah, I remember when the stations considered Big Bang Theory "filler"
and only ran it during non ratings period in the beginning. Now they
repeat it a hundred times a week on 3 or 4 channels. :-)
Lets face it, most network execs have *NO* clue! Consider how many of
the 60's and 70's shows that are still running today as repeats, were
axed after only a couple of seasons. :-(
(MASH was the main exception until the Simpsons came along and proved
you CAN run a program profitably for decades. It too started as "filler"
in the Tracey Ullman show.
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
BTW community TV (channel 31/44) seems dooomed as well.
It was doomed when the government said they were cutting funding. SBS
and ABC may be doomed as well unless there is a change of government
beforehand.

Trevor.
Trevor
2017-06-19 04:46:54 UTC
Post by Government Shill #2
Post by Max
Is Channel 10 likely to collapse and end transmission? What is likely
to happen?
The current plan is to get the cross media regulations changed.
Post by Government Shill #2
They'll cancel the shows that are costing them heaps of money, and put on lots
of reruns, which cost them bugger all.
They've already done that! I mean just how many times can you watch the
same episodes of MASH? But it's all about advertising dollars after all,
NOT viewers anyway. And advertisers have woken up to the fact that
nobody is watching the constant reruns.

Trevor.
Max
MASH hasn't been on Ten for years.
Brad
Same network. One is owned by Ten.
Trevor
2017-06-19 14:40:55 UTC
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Government Shill #2
They'll cancel the shows that are costing them heaps of money, and put on lots
of reruns, which cost them bugger all.
They've already done that! I mean just how many times can you watch the
same episodes of MASH?
MASH hasn't been on Ten for years.
Only a complete moron would say that. Do you really have no idea how
single network multi-channel broadcasts actually work in the digital age?

Trevor.
Max
2017-06-20 03:24:40 UTC
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Government Shill #2
They'll cancel the shows that are costing them heaps of money, and put on lots
of reruns, which cost them bugger all.
They've already done that! I mean just how many times can you watch the
same episodes of MASH?
MASH hasn't been on Ten for years.
Only a complete moron would say that. Do you really have no idea how
single network multi-channel broadcasts actually work in the digital age?
Sorry, I didn't think about the other channels in the network. The
other channels are watched by so few people that they are completely
forgettable.

I don't understand how they can be profitable at all to run. No one
watches them. They are leeching off the profit made by the main channels.
Trevor
2017-06-20 12:59:43 UTC
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Government Shill #2
They'll cancel the shows that are costing them heaps of money, and put on lots
of reruns, which cost them bugger all.
They've already done that! I mean just how many times can you watch the
same episodes of MASH?
MASH hasn't been on Ten for years.
Only a complete moron would say that. Do you really have no idea how
single network multi-channel broadcasts actually work in the digital age?
Sorry, I didn't think about the other channels in the network. The
other channels are watched by so few people that they are completely
forgettable.
I don't understand how they can be profitable at all to run. No one
watches them. They are leeching off the profit made by the main channels.
What rubbish. I don't give a rats which of the channels I watch, and
neither does anybody I know. Most people watch *programs* (or record
them) NOT channels. I think people may possibly have done that in the
prehistoric days before remote controls and VCR's! :-)
(And you perhaps.)
That was the era when it was deemed you had to win the News ratings so
you could hold the audience for the rest of the night because most
people were too lazy to change the channel. Even the Networks know that
is no longer the case!

Trevor.
Max
2017-06-20 21:40:25 UTC
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Government Shill #2
[...]
The only thing important now is which reality show attracts the most
viewers. If they can get people on to the channel at that time (about
7:30PM), then they may stay on the channel for the next hour or two.

But why does Seven and Nine have an hour long news nowadays?
Trevor
2017-06-21 08:31:38 UTC
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Government Shill #2
[...]
Does it really matter if one channel gets 3 viewers and the others only
get 1 or 2?
Post by Max
If they can get people on to the channel at that time (about
7:30PM), then they may stay on the channel for the next hour or two.
Only if they are masochists.
Post by Max
But why does Seven and Nine have an hour long news nowadays?
Actually not counting the Morning/Today shows, they both have 3 hours a
day of the same news.
Could be worse, ABC24 basically shows the same 30 minutes of news about
20 times a day. :-( At least they have finally moved the ABC main
channel to HD at last however after years of wasting it on News24.
And you could always watch Family Feud at 6PM. :-(
And then one hour of the Project. :-( :-(

Trevor.
FMurtz
2017-06-21 08:54:14 UTC
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
But why does Seven and Nine have an hour long news nowadays?
Actually not counting the Morning/Today shows, they both have 3 hours a
day of the same news.
Could be worse, ABC24 basically shows the same 30 minutes of news about
20 times a day.
And extremely biased to the left (just watch The Drum)

Trevor.
d***@gmail.com
2017-06-23 11:11:39 UTC
!!! Loony Right-Wing Paranoid Nutcase Alert !!!
Jeßus
2017-06-24 02:09:20 UTC
Clueless Internet google group newbie idiot alert ! ! !
Max
2017-06-29 10:35:33 UTC
Post by Jeßus
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by FMurtz
And extremely biased to the left (just watch The Drum)
!!! Loony Right-Wing Paranoid Nutcase Alert !!!
Clueless Internet google group newbie idiot alert ! ! !
Bashing google groups users again, hey?

Clocky
2017-06-29 03:00:55 UTC
Post by FMurtz
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
But why does Seven and Nine have an hour long news nowadays?
Actually not counting the Morning/Today shows, they both have 3 hours a
day of the same news.
Could be worse, ABC24 basically shows the same 30 minutes of news about
20 times a day.
And extremely biased to the left (just watch The Drum)
On the whole it's fairly well balanced, unless you are far to extreme
right biased - then everything to the left is considered leftist.
Trevor.
Jeßus
2017-06-29 07:57:28 UTC
Post by Clocky
Post by FMurtz
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
But why does Seven and Nine have an hour long news nowadays?
Actually not counting the Morning/Today shows, they both have 3 hours a
day of the same news.
Could be worse, ABC24 basically shows the same 30 minutes of news about
20 times a day.
And extremely biased to the left (just watch The Drum)
On the whole it's fairly well balanced, unless you are far to extreme
right biased - then everything to the left is considered leftist.
Like hell they are balanced. Listen to either ABC local, or Radio
National - and see how long it'll be before the topic is either
Aboriginal, Islamic or LGBTBIZZAISSHI related. It'll be no more than
10 minutes.
Clocky
2017-06-29 08:43:59 UTC
Post by Jeßus
Post by Clocky
Post by FMurtz
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
Post by Trevor
Post by Max
But why does Seven and Nine have an hour long news nowadays?
Actually not counting the Morning/Today shows, they both have 3 hours a
day of the same news.
Could be worse, ABC24 basically shows the same 30 minutes of news about
20 times a day.
And extremely biased to the left (just watch The Drum)
On the whole it's fairly well balanced, unless you are far to extreme
right biased - then everything to the left is considered leftist.
Like hell they are balanced. Listen to either ABC local, or Radio
National - and see how long it'll be before the topic is either
Aboriginal, Islamic or LGBTBIZZAISSHI related. It'll be no more than
10 minutes.
Well that is your opinion, but studies into ABC bias don't really
support the view that the ABC is grossly left wing biased.

It's centre left and I don't take issue with that because there is no
shortage of rightist and far right biased media in this country.
Trevor
2017-06-29 09:32:00 UTC
Post by Clocky
Post by Jeßus
Post by Clocky
Post by FMurtz
And extremely biased to the left (just watch The Drum)
On the whole it's fairly well balanced, unless you are far to
extreme right biased - then everything to the left is considered
leftist.
Like hell they are balanced. Listen to either ABC local, or Radio
National - and see how long it'll be before the topic is either
Aboriginal, Islamic or LGBTBIZZAISSHI related. It'll be no more than
10 minutes.
Yeah like the Project. Oh wait, that's not the ABC is it?
Post by Clocky
Well that is your opinion, but studies into ABC bias don't really
support the view that the ABC is grossly left wing biased.
It's centre left and I don't take issue with that because there is no
shortage of rightist and far right biased media in this country.
Yeah, it's funny how many people complain about the ABC being slightly
left of the total raving fascists. They never complain about Alan Jones,
Andrew Bolt etc. though being so far to the right Atilla the Hun was a
commie in their opinion. As you say there is NO shortage of right wing
bias on the media, and it has received a LOT of taxpayer money as well.
Huge handouts to pay for digital conversions not so long ago. NO
licensing fees this year even though only one is making a loss, and
that's their own stupidity anyway.

Trevor.
jonz
2017-06-19 09:56:39 UTC
Post by Government Shill #2
Post by Max
Is Channel 10 likely to collapse and end transmission? What is likely
to happen?
They'll cancel the shows that are costing them heaps of money, and put on lots
of reruns, which cost them bugger all.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
Except for some car racing, i dont watch 10....Reruns may cost "bugger all" but who is going to watch a string of reruns?. bugger all, ergo, bugger all revenue.......Let em sink.
Post by Government Shill #2
Shill #2
Monty Python
hector
2017-06-18 06:14:37 UTC
They'll blame everyone else for not supporting diversity enough.
Max
2017-06-18 07:40:23 UTC
Post by hector
Post by Max
Is Channel 10 likely to collapse and end transmission? What is likely
to happen?
They'll blame everyone else for not supporting diversity enough.
I think it will be good to have riddance of The Project and Waleed Aly.