Britain's Got Talent
Max
2017-05-21 11:28:02 UTC
Looks like Australian TV stations may be starting to realise they can't
emulate the UK/US talent shows. Channel Nine has dumped its own talent
show and is now just showing Britain's Got Talent in prime time. So we
had to put with all the junk Australian attempts at the show in the
meantime.
Xeno
2017-05-21 14:04:24 UTC
Post by Max
Looks like Australian TV stations may be starting to realise they can't
emulate the UK/US talent shows. Channel Nine has dumped its own talent
show and is now just showing Britain's Got Talent in prime time. So we
had to put with all the junk Australian attempts at the show in the
meantime.
Australia ran out of talent?

Certainly there was a lack of *talent* in the judging panel.
Xeno
Clocky
Never watched any of that crap, the UK one included.
Max
2017-05-22 03:07:02 UTC
Post by Clocky
Post by Max
Looks like Australian TV stations may be starting to realise they
can't emulate the UK/US talent shows. Channel Nine has dumped its own
talent show and is now just showing Britain's Got Talent in prime
time. So we had to put with all the junk Australian attempts at the
show in the meantime.
Never watched any of that crap, the UK one included.
I don't watch the shows as such, but I do follow TV as a genre, hence
this newsgroup.
Trevor
2017-05-22 10:25:18 UTC
Post by Max
Looks like Australian TV stations may be starting to realise they can't
emulate the UK/US talent shows. Channel Nine has dumped its own talent
show and is now just showing Britain's Got Talent in prime time. So we
had to put with all the junk Australian attempts at the show in the
meantime.
But you are happy to watch the junk UK attempts instead?
Rather watch a movie myself.

Trevor.
b***@topmail.co.nz
2017-05-23 07:50:22 UTC
Post by Max
Looks like Australian TV stations may be starting to realise they can't
emulate the UK/US talent shows. Channel Nine has dumped its own talent
show and is now just showing Britain's Got Talent in prime time. So we
had to put with all the junk Australian attempts at the show in the
meantime.
Well, the market can't support Idol, X-factor, the Voice, Dancing with the Stars
et cetera. Something had to be declared surplus to requirements.
Trevor
2017-05-23 08:50:24 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by Max
Looks like Australian TV stations may be starting to realise they can't
emulate the UK/US talent shows. Channel Nine has dumped its own talent
show and is now just showing Britain's Got Talent in prime time. So we
had to put with all the junk Australian attempts at the show in the
meantime.
Well, the market can't support Idol, X-factor, the Voice, Dancing with the Stars
et cetera. Something had to be declared surplus to requirements.
Of course it can and quite a few others as well at one stage, but only
for so long before people get bored with the same old formats. I can't
stand ANY of them unless I record it and skip through everything but the
actual performances, and most of those as well! Can easily save MOST of
the viewing time, which makes it pointless for channels relying on
advertisers. :-)
Meanwhile they spend $60+ Billion in taxpayers money so people can watch
Netflix and Stan instead. :-(

Trevor.